Magnesium Injection Molding (Magnesium Thixomolding) for the Defense Market
Magnesium injection molding, also known as thixomolding, was once known as an arduous process, but is now an established, proven technology. Ideal for defense organizations looking to produce parts lighter and stronger than aluminum, magnesium can be finished with a variety of decorative methods.
When you partner with Phillips-Medisize, you align with a world-class, ITAR-compliant provider of magnesium injection molding services that follow strict MIL-STDs. For your toughest, most technically challenging low- to high-volume programs, consider magnesium injection molding, which can give you better performance without sacrificing strength. Plus, products made with magnesium are environmentally friendly, 100-percent recyclable, and beneficial in conserving energy and helping meet CAFÉ requirements.
You may also leverage our success in the following magnesium injection molding (thixomolding) achievements to your benefit:
- Overmolding soft materials to magnesium
- Completing specialized plating finishes
- Pretreating for corrosion protection and paint adhesion
- Painting with liquid- or powder-coat paints
- Assembly of mating components
- Form-in-place (FIP) gasketing
- Hand finishing
- Manufacturing large parts – up to 200 square inches total projected area including gates, runners, and overflows
Magnesium Injection Molding Design Guide
The use of magnesium is rapidly expanding in a wide array of markets, including defense. Discover how magnesium injection molding (MAG) can help you achieve lightweight, durable parts that are repeatable and precise.
Magnesium Injection Molding (Thixomolding) produces components with attributes that include:
- Superb quality and strength
- Light weight
- High repeatability
- Dimensional precision
- Design flexibility
- Heat Transfer and EMI/RFI Shielding