Summer Intern - Corporate Development
Requisition Number: P11305 & P11788
This position is intended as a temporary Summer Internship. The position will be full time during the summer. It is a paid position, but offers no benefits. Relocation assistance will be available if needed.
Phillips-Medisize is looking for smart, analytical, and energetic undergraduates to help build the leading contract design, development and manufacturing partner to the biopharma industry. As an intern in the Corporate Development and Strategy function at Phillips-Medisize, you’ll have a direct impact on the strategic direction of this growing global company while being supported by senior executives with backgrounds that include private equity, strategy consulting, and leading medical device companies.
Work on one or more projects that will be action-oriented and offer you significant professional growth and exposure.
Present one or more of your projects to members of the executive team. Projects may be in one or more of the following areas, based on your skillsets and business need:
- Build pharma and medical device company account plans to support strategic sales opportunities
- Analyze customer profitability based on volume growth and operational complexity to provide recommendations on improvement opportunities
- Review and improve on business processes that manage production programs at end of life, driving improved customer satisfaction and facility profitability
- Develop a factbase on the growing biologics pipeline to help us understand what device development opportunities exist and what are the key requirements for those categories
- Benchmark marketing and social media activities in core markets and with competitors; provide recommendations for improvements
- Profile the drug delivery device supply chain with an eye towards identifying strategic acquisition opportunities for Phillips-Medisize
- Consolidate and analyze multi-year program forecasts to support ongoing operational and capacity planning
Qualifications - Education & Experience
Pursuing a Bachelors, completed Junior year, or Senior pursuing a graduate program, with a track record of academic success. An academic focus on business, engineering, life sciences, or economics is a strong fit; a practical orientation is critical.
Qualifications - Skills & Competencies
Demonstrated ability to lead projects and work independently
- Strong computer application skills (MS Office Suite, search/analytics/research)
- Strong analytical skills
- Initiative to meet project milestones and deadlines
- Interest in strategy, corporate development and biopharma/biologics, med device and drug delivery system industry
- Excellent communication skills