Senior Project Engineer
Requisition Number: P10035
City: New Richmond
We are seeking a Senior level Project Engineer with experience in injection molding and tooling to join our team in New Richmond! We are a molding and assembly facility serving customers in the medical device/drug delivery industry, both pre-production and sustaining manufacturing.
- Coordinate, direct and lead engineering efforts to ensure optimum engineering of projects/programs to meet customer and manufacturing requirements
- Interface with customers on a regular basis to resolve issues
- Facilitate communication between customer, sales, engineering functions, outside vendors, manufacturing and multi-facility groups
- Maintain cost control and profitability through interaction with the accounting group, sales and our customers
- Coordinate tooling programs from kick-off to part production ready (customer and manufacturing approval
- Create and monitor project timelines
- Develop and establish cost estimates and project options to support quoting function
- Implement technical solutions to meet customer and Phillips-Medisize cost, quality, and delivery expectations
- Extended travel to other facilities may be required to support business needs
- Some programs may have vision requirements
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications - Education & Experience
- B.S. degree in engineering field with at least 5 years' directly related experience or equiv.
- Plastic injection molding and or tooling experience.
- Med device/drug delivery industry experience is desired.
Qualifications - Skills & Competencies
- Strong and diverse technical injection molding tooling, materials, manufacturing, quality, and product design skills
- Ability to use CAD to determine if tooling, equipment and part designs meet requirements
- Ability to manage multiple large-scale projects
- Demonstrated superior communication, teamwork and organizational skills
- Ability to accurately quote design, tools/equipment, and parts
- Ability to develop and meet project schedules, along with contingency plans
- Demonstrated ability to develop and meet financial goals
- Demonstrated ability to identify and develop future account needs
- Demonstrated ability to think out of the box and recommend options
- Ability to lead others. Responsibility may include direct supervision of technicians and mentoring/leading engineers
- Demonstrated broad understanding of capabilities and technologies of other Phillips-Medisize facilities, suppliers, and customers will be expected.