Safety Health Environmental Intern
Requisition Number: P11744
- Assist in the development of various Safety, Health, & Environment programs, policies, procedures and associated training materials
- Works closely in a team environment with the facility operations and SHE Specialist to achieve overall environmental, safety operational and business objectives
- Conduct safety, health & environmental compliance self-audits and support external audits
- Assist with industrial hygiene monitoring
- Assist in the development and maintenance of associated records such as air emissions, chemical usages, non-contact cooling water testing, hazardous waste records, injury logs/trending and all other pertinent regulatory records, program, policies or procedures.
- Assist current facility & corporate leadership with the overall safety, health & environmental functions for the assigned facility and partners with onsite management and other resources to ensure local program ownership and accountability.
- Support and assist with the ISO 14001 - Environmental Management System (EMS) and formal corrective actions to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations as well as Phillips-Medisize policies and procedures.
- Assist current facility and corporate leadership with the implementation of corporate safety and environmental initiatives, or equivalent site-specific programs and required written documentation to support these programs. Assist with the completion of environmental permits, reports, forms and surveys as required by regulation, permits and/or policy and procedures, and submit them on a timely basis and in a professional manner.
- Assure the appropriate, effective, and timely distribution of all required safety, health & environmental training programs for the facility and may include performance of training.
- Assist current facility and corporate leadership to assure compliance with various governmental record-keeping requirements, as well as, metrics, and effectively communicate as needed.
- Coordinate activities with local regulatory personnel regarding environmental activities.
- Ensure thorough familiarity with policies and procedures relating to standards of business conduct and understand the importance of full compliance with the letter and spirit of such policies.
- Perform tasks in accordance with all Federal, State, and Local regulations and the company’s Quality, Environmental, and Safety policies and procedures.
- Assist current facility and corporate leadership to provide leadership and direction to establish and sustain a positive company safety, health & environmental culture both on and off the job.
- Assist current facility and corporate leadership to coordinate and facilitate incident investigations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications - Education & Experience
- Working towards B.S. or B.A. degree or the equivalent in fields of Safety, Health or Environmental sciences. (M.S. or M.P.H. preferably) or Industrial / Mechanical Engineering
Qualifications - Skills & Competencies
- ASP, CSP, CIH, CHMP, ARM and other related certifications are preferable
- Must possess the ability to demonstrate effective leadership, organize, solve problems and educate others.
- Ability to utilize appropriate judgment and discretion as they relate to responsibilities.
- Ability to plan and organize work to effectively perform assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to engage in cooperative and responsible behavior which affects the operation of the facility and the company in positive manner
This facility operates under International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), and therefore, any person hired must demonstrate with verifiable documentation that he/she is either: (i) a U.S. Citizen; (ii) an active Green Card Holder; or (iii) a “Protected Person” as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324(b)(a)(3).