Return to Jobs List
Requisition Number: P2265
- This position will have a medical device and/or drug delivery system program focus. The Program Manager can be based in Hudson (close proximity to St. Paul, MN) or Menomonie, WI. This is an engineering based position with responsibility for managing and leading programs. As the primary contact for the customer, the Program Manager is responsible for the timeline, budget, resource allocation and reporting out to the customer and internal Phillips-Medisize stakeholders. Day travel to Phillips-Medisize manufacturing facilities may be required based on program needs. The Program Manager can expect to work on one or more programs simultaneously, and requires strong communication and organization skill. Related industry experience is key, past contract manufacturing experience highly desirable.
- Capable of leading large, complex development programs and coordinating cross-functional activities including scope, schedule, and budget.
- Coordinate, communicate, and lead project teams, utilizing standard project management processes to successfully develop and transition programs from design through commercialization.
- Provide a single point of contact for the customer and all Phillips-Medisize facilities providing program leadership during the development efforts to create a seamless customer experience
- Ensure sufficient resources are identified and allocated to the program from both a Phillips-Medisize and customer perspective
- Use relationship-building to sell Phillips-Medisize capabilities (e.g., product development, testing, prototyping, automation development, production medical device manufacturing) to new and existing customers.
- Manage projects to ensure all changes in project scope are managed.
- Coordinate quoting additional services and assure over all product/services are being invoiced and paid promptly.
- Identify and monitor overall program costs, timing, and deliverables to ensure key milestones are achieved
- Continuously look for new and unique opportunities in providing Phillips-Medisize capabilities to customers in a non-traditional market.
- Lead effort to continually pursue optimal technologies for customers and Phillips-Medisize facilities
- Generate excitement and communicate the “big picture” to all involved facilities – i.e., how the customer views Phillips-Medisize, what the customer means to us in terms of sales and growth, the number of ongoing and future programs, the impact of a facility’s actions on other facilities’ relationships with the customer, etc.
- Ability to proactively anticipate the needs of the customer and/or program and offer additional services to improve the value to the customer.
- Participate in business development issues such as supply agreements, long-term agreements, cost reduction requests, cost sharing requests, pricing negotiations, account reviews, etc
- Participate in cost control and profitability decisions through interaction with appropriate manufacturing groups, accounting and sales
- Other duties as assigned
- Keep work area clean
- Some programs may have vision requirements
Qualifications - Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science or equivalent
- 10+ years’ experience in engineering and/or product development
- 5+ project management experience in medical device or closely related industry
- Experience with custom injection molding desired
- Proven project management experience, PMP certification preferred
- Experience working with medical device/drug delivery industry customers
Qualifications - Skills & Competencies
- Understanding of the product development process, associated terminology, and quality system requirements
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to understand various processes used throughout Phillips-Medisize.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, sales, and customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of financial statements and accounting practices and terminology at a project level
- Ability to identify problems and develop and implement actions plans to resolve them
- Ability to motivate and influence people to achieve customer satisfaction
This facility operates under International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), and therefore, any person hired must demonstrate with verifiable documentation that he/she is either: (i) a U.S. Citizen; (ii) an active Green Card Holder; or (iii) a “Protected Person” as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324(b)(a)(3).