Requisition Number: P11115
We seek an experienced Process Engineer to work closely on development and prototype manufacturing processes utilizing injection molding. This hands-on role will utilize scientific molding principles to evaluate out of range processes, working closely with the Mold and Sample Technicians. The Process Engineer will work closely with manufacturing engineering as related to automation, robotics and overall manufacturing process development, as part of the Design Development Center team to meet our customers' needs in product development.
- Troubleshooting resource for Technicians to evaluate out of range processes.
- Continuously improve existing processes using design of experiments and other methods to increase efficiencies
- Be a technical resource for the initiation and implementation of cost improvement plans on new and existing programs
- Keep up to date on injection molding equipment and process technology
- Provide engineering team with information and analysis tools
- Attend design meetings as part of the AQP process and provide insight and expertise in regard to the tool design, capability and part handling
- Implement systems and procedures that assure compliance with Quality Standards
- Extended travel to other facilities may be required to support business needs
- Some programs may have vision requirements
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications - Education & Experience
- Bachelors degree in an engineering discipline (Plastics Engineering/Technology, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering related to polymers) with 2+ years of professional engineering experience directly related to injection molding processes.
- Hands-on experience working with Sample or Mold Technicians and/or with injection molding processes and scientific molding principles highly preferred.
Qualifications - Skills & Competencies
- Knowledge of robotics, automation, equipment and processes
- Comprehensive and demonstrated knowledge of SPC, DOE, geometric tolerance and blueprint reading
- Strong communication (verbal and written), teamwork and organizational skills
- Ability to identify problems and develop and implement actions to resolve them
- Strong technical skills in injection molding, tooling, materials, product design, and affiliated processes: to include secondary operations and automation
- Ability to use CAD to determine if tooling, equipment and part designs meet requirements
This facility operates under International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), and therefore, any person hired must demonstrate with verifiable documentation that he/she is either: (i) a U.S. Citizen; (ii) an active Green Card Holder; or (iii) a “Protected Person” as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324(b)(a)(3).