Requisition Number: P8929
Phillips Medisize is searching for a high energy self-starter with business intelligence and initiative to assume the position of our Design and Development Controller.
This position will assume a leadership position as the Pre-Production Subject Matter Expert for Plant Controllers throughout the Phillips-Medisize organization.
- Provide Financial direction and leadership to pre-production department (specifically DDC and Tool Build facilities)
- Manage and maintain standard cost program and produce reports/develop program (costing)
- Identify cost drivers (cost reduction)
- Review the P/L to identify favorable and unfavorable performance and communicate the findings to the appropriate resources
- Provide cost accounting data analysis and reporting on specially requested projects
- Monitor the integrity of the information in the manufacturing computer system
- Develop the systems necessary to assist departmental managers in measuring daily performance
- Supervise cost accounting activities including cost reviews, EOQ updates, etc.
- Coordinate business planning process
- Prepare budgets and forecasts
- Coordinate month end close process
- Monitor daily, weekly, monthly, and annually the departmental performance, with emphasis on identifying favorable and unfavorable trends
- Accounting and balancing of all interplant equipment transfers
- Establish and monitor audits of accounting systems within the facility
- Establish and maintain policies, procedures, and systems that support data accuracy
- Other duties as assigned
- Some programs may have vision requirements
Qualifications - Education & Experience
- B.S. degree in accounting or finance field with more than 5 years of related experience; or equivalent mix of education and experience
- Experience with Project Accounting.
- Minimum five years’ experience as a controller in a manufacturing environment
- Strong Accounting experience needed.
- CPA is a plus.
- Experience with global manufacturing preferred
- Good systems and data manipulation experience needed
Qualifications - Skills & Competencies
- Problem-solving, decision making and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple large-scale projects
- Demonstrated superior communication, teamwork and organizational skills
- Ability to develop and meet project schedules, along with contingency plans.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and meet financial goals.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and develop future needs.
- Demonstrated ability to think out of the box and recommend options
- Demonstrated broad understanding of capabilities and technologies of other PPC facilities, suppliers, and customers.
- Knowledge of various software packages to include spreadsheets
- Knowledge of IQMS preferred
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation communication skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of inventory valuation methods, the inventory process, bills of material, cost quoting process, routings, work centers and work cell operation, utilization planning, labor reporting, burden absorption concepts and methods, and shop floor control processes.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to participate in activities requiring extended time spent in any area of the facility
- Able to handle responsibility and perform professionally and politely in a variety of possible positions
- Be a self-starter and possess the ability to properly manage time and projects
- Able to manage multiple tasks at once
- Good communication skills
- Excellent math skills
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
This facility operates under International Traffic in Arms
Regulations (ITAR), and therefore, any person hired must demonstrate with
verifiable documentation that he/she is either: (i) a U.S. Citizen; (ii) an
active Green Card Holder; or (iii) a “Protected Person” as defined by 8 U.S.C.