Mold Technician - 12 Hr NIGHT SHIFT
Requisition Number: P8715
The Mold Technician will work a rotating 12 hr night shift - work fewer days each month! Schedule includes working every other weekend, with 3 day weekends off in between!
- Set up, start up, and change over production jobs consistent with process control capabilities and quoted standards. This may include robotics, part pickers, and vision systems.
- Use proper process procedure documentation and databases for performing routine set up functions and troubleshooting work
- Evaluate molding processes in order to update techniques and improve quality, safety and productivity efficiencies. Ensure the processes fall within validated windows or within the established guidelines.
- Communicate important information to Mold Techs on next shift
- Work with production group to meet production demands
- Other duties as assigned
- Keep work area clean and practice 5S in all daily activities
- Report incidents and injuries to team leader/manager immediately
- Recognize close-call incidents and safety hazards and take action to eliminate them
- Setup and operate job related equipment including molding machines, lift trucks, overhead cranes, and power mold carts
- Use equipment properly and follow the safety features/operating procedures
- Wear applicable personal protective equipment
- Follow applicable safety, quality, and environmental programs, policies, and procedure
- Actively participate in continual improvement, corrective action and customer satisfaction
- Some programs may have vision requirements
- Utilize IQMS system to monitor rejects, enter rejects, enter down time codes and to generate tooling work orders
- Knowledge of process monitoring using RJG, E-Dart, and pressure transducer technology
Qualifications - Education & Experience
- Basic reading, writing and math
- Work in a timely manner to be certified in the internal Mold Tech Development Program, which requires intial assessement and then a combination of classroom, on the job and computer based training..
- Completion of Associate Degree in Electromechanical Technology is a plus but not required
Qualifications - Skills & Competencies
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, communication and problem solving skills.
- Strong skills in continuous improvement and process facilitation.
- Basic computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Basic reading, math and comprehension skills.
- Know and understand SPC
- Knowledge of plastic resins and resin drying systems
- Knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics is preferred
- Working knowledge of measurement equipment
- Basic blueprint reading skills
- Knowledge of ISO / GDP / cGMP practices
- Knowledge in Clean Room Practices