Return to Jobs List
Mold Technician-12 Hour Days
Requisition Number: POS3815
City: New Richmond
- Set up, start up, and change over production jobs consistent with process control capabilities and quoted standards. May include robotics, part pickers and vision systems
- Use proper process procedure documentation and databases for performing routine set up functions and troubleshooting work
- Evaluate molding processes in order to update techniques and improve quality, safety and productivity efficiencies. Ensure the processes fall within validated windows or within the established guidelines.
- Utilize IQMS to monitor rejects, enter rejects, enter down time codes and to generate tooling work orders
- Communicate important information to Mold Techs on next shift
- Work with production group to meet production demands
- Perform samples for the Sampling Group on the Day 12 shifts
- Other duties as assigned
- Keep work area clean and practice 5S in all daily activities
- Report incidents and injuries to team leader/manager immediately
- Recognize close-call incidents and safety hazards and take action to eliminate them
- Setup and operate job related equipment including molding machines, lift trucks, overhead cranes, and power mold carts.
- Use equipment properly and follow the safety features/operating procedures
- Wear applicable personal protective equipment
- Follow applicable safety, quality, and environmental programs, policies, and procedures
- Actively participate in continual improvement, corrective action and customer satisfaction\
- Some programs may have vision requirements
Qualifications - Education & Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Work in a timely manner to be certified in the internal Mold Tech Development Program.
- Completion of Associate Degree in Electromechanical Technology is a plus but not required
- Knowledge of process monitoring using RJG, E-dart, and pressure transducer technology
Qualifications - Skills & Competencies
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, communication and problem solving skills.
- Strong skills in continuous improvement and process facilitation.
- Basic computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Basic reading, math and comprehension skills.
- Know and understand SPC
- Knowledge of plastic resins and resin drying systems
- Knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics is preferred
- Working knowledge of measurement equipment
- Basic blueprint reading skills
- Knowledge of ISO / GDP / cGMP practices
- Knowledge in Clean Room Practices
12 HR NIGHT/DAY SHIFT, SCHEDULE INCLUDES WORKING EVERY OTHER WEEKEND, WITH ALTERNATING 3-DAY WEEKENDS OFF!